I suppose my only problem with this schedule is the 5:30am wakeup. That's really early, and coffee can only do so much for me. So, what's a mom to do? I've tried putting him to bed later, but as I said, that gets ugly since he's so tired and cranky past 7:30. And, when we've put him to bed at 8pm or later, he STILL gets up at 5:30. Should I feed and change his diaper and 5:30 and try to put him back to sleep? I tried that this morning but Kevin gets up at 6 for work now so it's noisy and Warner probably only slept 30 more minutes or so.
Maybe I should be happy with his sleeping. Until about a month ago he was still getting up 2-3 times a night. So, a stretch from 7:30 to 5:30 is really good, considering how far we've come. Or, maybe I just need more coffee.
3 comments:
We are facing the same issue. I read in the sleep book to put them to bed earlier so that is what we are going to try. I'm going to move it up from 7 to 6:30 over the weekend and see how that goes. Good luck.
You could try pushing his second nap back so he's more bearable in the evening. With Hailey, I didn't really consider anytime before 6:30 or 7:00 really getting up. I would feed her and put her back to bed. If you're feeding him at that time, he may just be getting up for that, but really is still tired. I would maybe treat it more as a middle night feeding at first, then ween the feeding eventually.
Hey- walt had this same schedule- I would give him a bottle at 5:30 and put him back to bed and he would sleep till 7:30 which is much better- eventually he dropped the 5:30 feeding- i would put him for a morning nap at 10-11:30 and then 1:30/2 till 3:30 or 4 and then he always was in bed at 7:30 or 8 hope it helps! Suzanne
great book i love is babywise!
Post a Comment